Monday, February 15, 2010

My Dad

Today when I was going through some paperwork looking for a notebook I had written in I came across a book that he had given to me. "Butterfly Kisses & Bittersweet Tears" by Bob Carlisle. He had given this to my in 1998, the year that I graduated from High School and also the year that my parents were going through a divorce.

When I opened the book I read an inscription that he wrote to me all those years ago that mean so much more to me now than I think they did then.

Titled " Look Ahead to Tomorrow"
"There is always the hope of tomorrow to brighten the clouds of today, there is always a corner for turning no matter how weary the way... so just look ahead to tomorrow and trust that you'll find waiting there the sunlight that seemed to be hidden by yesterday's clouds of despair."

I read this book today for I think the first time. And for the first time I think I truly realized how much my dad really loves me and will always love me no matter what. In fact just a few days ago I talked with my Dad and what it was like before I was born and what he felt when I was born. While my Mom may have been scared to tell Dad that she was pregnant with me, she need not be as he was so excited. He knew the minute I was on my way it was the right time in his life to have a family.
God works in mystious ways. He gave me to my Dad and brought my Dad to me.


I Love you Dad. Thank you for all you have done for me and continue to do without asking questions. Dad is my constant support and I will never forget this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmC3rJR7E98

No comments:

Post a Comment