Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday

So today my boys turned 5. I can't believe 5 years ago I was in the hospital in the early am hours getting ready to have them. I remember I was awake all night and could not sleep. The contractions were getting more painful and closer together. I called their father and said it was time. LOL I don't think he thought they were really ready to come into the world just yet. In any case around 7am there they were. Two very healthy boys with all ten fingers and ten toes. : ) It brings a tear to my eye.
Here we are 5 years later and they have grown from little babies who were so small you had to handle them with care to boys who are strong, smart and getting taller by the minute.
Their dad, his GF, and step brother and sister were able to join us today. It was a nice surprise for the kids as I had not told them who would be here to party with them. I only asked them who they would like to have here. They certainly got their wish. He brought the cake and gifts for all three of the kids. He did not want our daughter to feel left out which I could appreciate cause my BF thought of the same thing.
We had their favorite meal/treat....PIZZA! Following this we opened their gifts. Here comes their favorite part of the food. The frosting covered cake. There had to be at least half and inch of frosting for the base not to mention the decorative parts. As is tradition the birthday person gets the corner pieces with the most frosting. Here we are 3 hours later and they have way more energy than when they got up.
LOL might not help that a good friend of BF and mine is here and they love to play with him. Oh and wouldn't you know it, their dad got them transformer toys and so did our friend. I am starting to get really good at putting these things back together.

Our night has not yet ended. We are letting the kids all stay up late and listen to live music being played in our basement as we speak. With that being said I will go and join them and help the kids wear out the sugar in their systems.

Happy 5th Birthday Aaron and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment