Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spirituality

Spirituality involves a sense of connection to something greater than oneself with includes emotional, psychological, and personal experiences. Spirituality includes religion, astrology, meditation, and new age waves of thought.

I think that this is one of the best descriptions that I have come accross at this time. Of course I will continue to look at what others feel and or say. However recently I feel that I have become more spiritual. I want to become more spiritual with myself and my life.
It seems like almost every day I see a quote from a bible that holds true to my heart or someone has talked about versus in the bible that hold true to real life events happening through out the world today. I want to know more......

I may not go to church every Sunday as I did when I was growing up but I do have my own beleifs. I feel that everything happens in a persons life for a reason. I also beleive that there is a higher power at work in our lives. One poem I will leave you with for now is the "Footprints" poem. It is one of my favorites and I hold close to my heart. If not for this poem I sometimes fear I would have lost my way to the next day.

FootPrints

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach
with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes
from his life. For each scene, he noticed two
sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging
to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed
before him, he looked back at the foot-
prints in the sand. He noticed that many
times along the path of his life there was
only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and
saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord,
you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way. But I have
noticed that during the most troublesome
times in my life, there is only one set of foot-
prints. I don't understand why when I
needed you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you, and would never leave
you. During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
-Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment